Monday, January 11, 2010

January 9th rehearsal

We had rehearsal at Noon today but everyone still seemed to be pretty exhausted. I think the first week is still lingering in all of us.

To warm up we stretched and we played a new game! I'm not sure of its official name but the morbid name we use is "the murder game." It is quite simple but forces the people playing to strategize and pay attention to their surroundings. To start off, all of the participants stand in a circle with their eyes closed, and I pick a "killer" by either tapping them on the head or the shoulder. Once I have chosen everyone opens their eyes and begins to move around the room and shake hands with other participants. The killer must conspicuously scratch the victims hand without anyone else noticing in order to kill them. Once you have been killed you must postpone your death so as to not reveal the killer and then die a melodramatic, slow and painful death. After at least three people have died, then someone may guess the killer if they think they know. If they are wrong, the die.
All the cast members seem to have a blast when playing this game! And it sure is hilarious to watch!

Todays Drawing: You and your me doll!
(I had the cast bring their own "me dolls" from home that represented them in some,way, shape or form)

We were in 1601 today, so our blocking options were limited. I skipped towards the end where the movement is limited and there aren't constantly 8 people on stage. There is one moment we blocked that was unexpectedly powerful. On paper, this certain moment seemed as though it would be an average scene but after staging it, it left a few of us in tears. I must say, the cast is really quite talented. I don't there is a rehearsal that has gone by where, at some point, they haven't brought a tear to my eye!

Tonight we are getting together to play games! Should be fun!

Tomorrow is going to be a special rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment